Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Creating

Boy are we busy creating!!!! My mom and I have our sewing machines in overdrive gettin ready for our first big art fair of the summer - Edina Arts Festival. We are so excited, but honestly a little nervous just because we don't know what to expect. This fair has some strict guidelines, one of them being that if you sell out of your invetory you won't get invited back the following year, so needless to say our machines are smokin'! I decided to give mine a rest for the night and update our blog and post some pictures on our facebook page.
This first picture is of Easter...I wanted to post the dress that I made for Delaney. It turned out so cute - I even made a matching flower pin for her cardigan so it all tied together well. I just love the fabric for her dress. I have a few yards left so I will make the rest of it up, but there will only be a limited number of dresses available!
The Youmans :)
I also wanted to quickly reflect on mother's day...I honestly feel so blessed to not only have a mom that taught me how to sew:), but a mom who is extremely patient, understanding, completely unselfish, and unconditionally loving! And now that I am a mom, I hope I can be half the mom to Delaney that my mom is to me. Being a mom is by far one of the best gifts I could have ever been given. God is truly amazing:)
I am suuuuper excited and pumped about our new ruffle scarf that I came up with. It is perfect for Spring/Summer, adds some class to any outfit, and totally does the work itself. There is no fancy way to tie or twist this scarf, it just lays perfect and the ruffles are soft and feminine. I have worn mine lots and always seem to get a lot of great compliments on it!
sneak peak of the different fabrics
a sample of it on...even looks cute with a tank top! I will get a better full shot and post it!
I will keep you all updated on our progress and try to post some pictures of all our creations. We have lots of fun new fabrics with funky patterns and colors!


REJOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment