Friday, September 2, 2011

God Winks

First of all I have to apologize for not updating our blog in soooo long. We have had one BUSY, but super summer. The reason for my lack of blogging really is legit.
1. my husband and I recently moved into a different house which involved moving 2 times... out of our town house into a temporary apartment, and then from the apartment into our new house! We were busy this summer painting, varnishing woodwork, installing cabinets (well not so much me, but I did help hold some up until my arms were shaking too much!).
2. I changed positions in June and started a new full time job which has been wonderful!!
3. most importantly... we have been so busy sewing, thanks to our fabulous customers, that I figured my time was much better spent creating than typing:)

As I look back at this summer, it has been full of blessings and God Winks that I really want to share with everyone. With each new art fair that my mom and I ventured out to, I am amazed at how God takes care of us and truly watches out for us. My mom and I met some of the greatest people and I want to share their products with you as they were blessings to us:) So in early June, we were off to our first fair in Edina, MN. I know I was probably a little tense with anticiaption of how it would go, how our booth would layout would be, did we bring enough product, would people even like our product...the list goes on! Much to our surprise, God blessed us with the BEST booth neighbor we could ever ask for: Katie with Naptime Treasures. Not only are her oilcloth bags super, but she is so genuine and sweet ...AND gave us the best places to venture out to eat everynight(it also helped she was from Edina!) Check out her website: http://www.naptimetreasures.com/ 
Brookings was next on our list and we got spoiled as my best friend and her husband live in Brookings. So after a long, hot day at the fair, I got to go home to their gorgeous new house and had a huge plate of spaghetti, one of my favorites, waiting for me:) Trish and Jeff were great help too, running to get us drinks and exchange money for us!
Yankton Riverboat Days was at the end of August. This fair was so easy to get ready for because we had the guys to help us set up our booth - since it is my hometown. We had quite the busy weekend aside from the fair..my cousin got married and I had a bridal shower for one of my best friends. So on Saturday I was by myself without my mom and a little nervous. For one, my mom and I have got a system down as far as the flow of the booth and helping customers, and two, if one of us is hungry and craving some fair food the other one can go get it. Well wouldn't ya know it, God was watching over me and sent Sara and her sister Rebekah with Rebekah Scott Designs my way. They were both so great at making sure I had food and water and offered up great advise. Rebekah has been sewing purses for 8 years now and as I got to chat with her, I found we had many similarities! Her start, a lot like mine, was out of love for sewing and creating unique items. Where she is now, is such an inspiration to me...full time designer and mom:) Check out her website: http://www.shoprsd.com/
I also need to mention our booth neighbor at Riverboat Days...Lake Thompson Honey. David and his wfe have the BEST creamed honey. My tub I got at the fair is half gone already! As it turns out, David is a bigtime fisher/hunter like my husband. When Luke came to "help" me for part of the day, he spent more time talking hunting and fishing than Rejoicing DAY! their website is almost finished: http://www.lakethompsonhoney.com/ 

As we prepair for the Sioux Falls Sidewalk Festival on Sept. 10th, I am excited and much more at ease knowing God will have us cross paths with yet another amazing person! thank to all our great customers this summer...it is the coolest feeling seeing girls walking around in our creations and babies wrapped up in our blankets:) Come check out our booth and see some of our new Fall line!!!

REJOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment