Sunday, February 26, 2012

One Lucky Girl

Wowzers it has been awhile since my last post....but I have exciting news to share: The Youmans' Family is expanding by one more member this summer! Needless to say we are thrilled and feel very blessed:) I am well into my second trimester now so I have had lots more energy and been feeling much better! This was a large part of my lack of posting...I'm sure all moms out there understand!

Additionally, I took a little bit of time off from my late night sewing (since I couldn't make it past 7pm some nights! haha) after the holidays to enjoy my family, friends, and a little bit of the things I love to do...other than sew of course! I also took some time to reflect on our first full year of Rejoicing DAY. I feel so lucky God has blessed me with this talent and the feedback we receive has been so wonderful. This first year has by far exceeded my expectations and I have had time to set some goals, draw up new designs, and order new fabric. I have got some great new prints in and am enjoying sewing some "test" skirts for Delaney. Now my mom and I are just trying to get a bunch of items in stock to prepare us for the spring and summer. We will have boys ties and some new skirt and dress designs among others. I have also been applying to art fairs and we hope to get into the same ones we did last year. We are also gonna try a few new ones in the later summer/early fall. Keep us in your prayers for acceptance letters! One of my biggest goals for this year is to work on our website more and get more updated pictures on it. We are always sewing and creating but sometimes things sell too fast and we don't get them up on the website.  I always remind customers to email us and I can send recent pictures of what we are working on/in stock. That way you are sure to get the latest!

These last two months have been relaxing, but I have a lot more energy and motivation to get our creations out to you! More than ever I realize how lucky I truly am. I have an amazing husband and daughter who are my biggest supporters, I get to spend quality time with my wonderful mom and talk sewing for hours, I get to use my talent/passion to create items that people love (it still excites me everytime I get a compliment) and I am blessed to have a healthy baby growing inside me....God is so good!!!!


Other than being totally excited for 2012, I will leave you with a few random pictures: a sneak peak of a new skirt, a family pic, and a picture of Delaney in her Christmas dress that I made (the back had a silver exposed zipper - one of my favorite creations! I almost wanted to make one in my size!)

REJOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment